As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, there are actually a lot of body sugar scrubs that contain tiny pieces of plastic that help with the exfoliation process. But this really isn’t necessary, since the added sugar alone can exfoliate really well. So I’m writing a sort of mini-post to show how easy it is to make your own plastic-free sugar scrub!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup raw sugar (or white sugar if that’s all you have)
- your choice of herbs or citrus juices as needed for scent (optional)
- Pour sugar into a bowl.
- Add olive oil to the bowl.
- Mix sugar and oil.
- Add herbs or juices as needed. (I added lemon juice)
- Store in jar or tupperware container.
This is such a bare bones recipe, but that’s because it’s so easy to make! So rather than spending $20 at the store for a tiny bottle of sugar scrub that uses plastic as one of the ingredients, make your own with just a few simple steps! It’s great for exfoliating and could make for a great little gift!