As I mentioned in a previous post, I am a bit obsessed with matcha tea, and I have been for about 4 years now. It’s such a great option for me personally, because I tend to get very jittery and anxious when I drink coffee. The chemical components of matcha facilitate a much slower release of caffeine, while still giving you energy to start your day. When carrying around my daily latte, I am always getting questions about how I prepare it. So I wanted to do a quick post to share how I make my matcha lattes. Enjoy!
The first thing I tell people is that making a matcha latte at home is so easy. On most days, I’ll just do a simple iced latte, but you can easily make it hot if you prefer.
- Pour a few tablespoons of hot water in a mason jar/blender bottle.
- Add some honey and a spoonful of matcha.
- Mix/whisk until the powder and honey dissolve. (You may have to break up some large clumps of powder.)
- Add hot or cold milk. (I usually use almond milk.)
- Put the lid on and shake.
- Toss in some ice if it’s an iced latte.
- If you’re feeling fancy, add some (hot or cold) frothed milk on top!
Sometimes, if I’m in the mood for something lighter, I’ll do the same thing, but just add water instead of milk. You still get the same amount of caffeine, but it’s a little less dense and tastes really refreshing!
If you haven’t made your own matcha latte yet, you should definitely give it a try! Whether it’s to replace your morning joe, or a refreshing afternoon pick-me-up, matcha is a delicious addition to your day!